Apr 9, 2009

tell me about the excitement of the first sale

Last week I started a thread on the Etsy forums about the excitement of the first sale.
I thought that, during these hard economic times, would be a good thing for all of us to remember that proud and hopeful spirit that fills us when we first meet someone that relates to our art enough to pay for it.
Many fellow Etsyans stopped by to share their memories and I decided to pick a few ones to share with you:


"I thought my goodness I CAN really do this! I was a little unsure...new to the Internet & etsy. I was so over the moon-I felt somehow validated. Like my hard work wasn't in vain and all was right with the world!!!"
lemondropbay

"I remember when I had my first sale back in February, I was sooo excited, all day I couldn't think about nothing else and there was this little girl dancing around my brains all day;-), singing 'yes yes yes yes yes yes yesssssss!' And it's not like I'm not used to selling, I sell my work since 4 years, but selling online to people on the other side of the world, wow that's sure exciting!! And I feel the same excitement every time I've sold something. It's just the feeling that someone so far away actually likes your work, and trusts you, and is happy with her purchase! That's giving me such a wonderful feeling!"
Oggi

"My first sale was last night. I was on the forums answering a thread and we were discussing being newbies. The other person said, "Congrats on you first sale"- I was so confused, I thought something would pop up on my store page when I had a sale. So I went to my store but then I didn't know how to see where it was or what sold. I posted a thread and everyone was so nice and helped me figure it out! haha- nevertheless, it was a huge rush and it was hard to sleep last night b/c I was so excited!"
FrenchPressKnits

"What a feeling....unforgettable!
Oh yes...it was my mother!!!"
trinketstotreasures


Thank you to everyone that answered to the thread and good luck to us all!

Love,
Lucy

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for posting, Lucy! It's good to remember the magic of that first sale!

    ReplyDelete